Wednesday, January 6, 2010

I realize I haven't "blogged" in quite some time. It's not that I've been abandoning my Bike and Build duties, quite the contrary. Bike and Build is all I think about. While I'm trying to balance my fundraising efforts with my training, I have to admit I feel like I'm doing more peddling than pedaling. For some reason the actual biking is not as hard as the fundraising. I'm constantly figuring out how I can bring up Bike and Build in conversations with strangers (and friends and family, for that matter)  and gracefully hand off my "Support Liz" business cards before they realize what hit them! All the scheming!  This is what's exhausting! Shoot, I'll my ride bike all day, every day over this. And to those of you who I gently or not so gently guided to this blog... thank you. 

 Luckily, many of my fundraising efforts have been successful. Nolan Wildfire (a student at UT, who is also on my B&B route) and I sold (or should I say, "gifted" for legal purposes) "Eric Berry for Heisman" beer (or coke) coozies. I have to attribute this idea to Nolan; I didn't even know who Eric Berry was when we started this business endeavor but regardless, it worked! In a nutshell, we had around 3,000 of these coozies made and walked around the home footballs games in our biking gear giving them away for donations to Bike and Build. 

 Nolan and I decided we made a pretty good fundraising team so we have another project in the works... a benefit bike ride! Thanks to Fares Schlank, owner of West Bikes in Farragut, we are hosting 56 and 92 mile rides on Saturday, January 23. There is a suggested donation of $20 to Bike and Build. If you are interested... 

http://www.westbicycles.com/index.php/year-round-rides/hot-winter-soltice.html



No comments:

Post a Comment